| Children's Director Job Description|
Santa Cruz Bible Church has a vision to be the presence of Christ in our community. We believe that investing in the lives of children and families is an awesome privilege and one that we desire to move into even more in the years to come. We are ready for an experienced leader to inspire, develop and lead our Children's Ministry into this exciting new season at Santa Cruz Bible Church. The Director of Children's Ministry will give oversight to the entire Children's Ministry as well as the staff that serve in this area.
Essential Job Functions
1. Be the chief vision caster and decision-making person for Children's Ministry and oversee and deploy the people and financial resources.
2. Lead the Children's Ministry team, the Elementary and Pre-school Coordinators, giving direction, setting goals and following up with them on a regular basis.
3. Partner and care for families by modeling and equipping them to pursue Jesus passionately, love fearlessly and go intentionally.
4. Lead in the recruiting, interviewing and training of all volunteers that serve in Children's Ministry.
5. Ensure safety and security for all children, including facilitating initial background checks on all volunteers as well as follow up in these checks on a bi-annual basis.
6. Attend weekly staff meetings and lead weekly Children's Ministry staff meetings.
7. Choose and implement curriculum and review effectiveness on an annual basis.
8. Facilitate child dedications and baptisms.
9. Oversee all childcare for any ministry needing childcare.
10. Oversee and ensure staffing of Sunday services.
Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for a team player with a mature faith, a creative and enthusiastic attitude, and prior experience in education and/or children's ministry. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader that has the ability to develop and implement systems for a growing church and effectively cast vision for our Children's Ministry staff, volunteers and congregation, while at the same time values shepherding and caring for people.
For more information about Santa Cruz Bible Church, please visit our website at www.santacruzbible.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume, along with a cover letter to Daryl von Haunalter, Human Resources, Santa Cruz Bible Church, at email@example.com.