| Crosspoint – Niceville Campus|
High School Minister Job Description
Crosspoint is a growing church of over 3,700 in average worship attendance, split between 3 campuses and 15 weekend worship services. Our vision, and sole passion, is "Connecting People to Christ", and we do that by "Building a Community where people can Come as they are, Meet Christ, Grow in their Faith, and Find a place to Serve." We have both contemporary (of various kinds) and traditional worship styles.
Position Title: Niceville Campus High School Minister
Reports directly to the Niceville Campus Student Minister and works within the structure of the overall Niceville Campus staff, the Niceville Campus Student Ministry team (including the Student Minister, 5th-6th Grade Volunteer Ministers, part time Student Worship Leaders, Administrative Assistants, part time Small Groups person, volunteers, and interns), as well as the overall Crosspoint Student Ministry team for all campuses.
To lead the High School ministry and partner with the Student Ministry team to execute the vision of connecting students and their families to Christ
Demonstrates the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ- loving God and loving others, exhibiting
a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and without, and is willing to live according to a staff covenant.
Qualifications and Skills:
o Leading a growing student ministry, or has been on staff of a growing student ministry
o Leading volunteer teams and multiplying leaders.
o Speaking to large groups of students and leading students to Christ
o Partnering with parents in investing in their student's relationship with God
o Running a budget
o Leading student retreats and trips
Wesleyan in theology
Characteristics: Innovative, Initiator who sets and achieves goals, team builder, strong verbal and written communication skills, willing to do whatever it takes, team player, detail oriented, able to maintain a budget.
Requirements: Become a member of Crosspoint and affirm the vision and direction of Crosspoint.
1. Identify, invite, train, and empower volunteer leaders to be a part of the Student Ministry.
2. Serve as a primary high school student leader and communicator.
3. During the week, invest in the lives of students, building relationships with them in the most
effective way possible.
4. Oversee College Ministry.
5. Assure that there is a strong, ongoing volunteer and student led program for volunteer teams.
6. Organize and oversee follow up with new and inactive high school students.
7. Develop and implement a specific plan for outreach for high school students.
8. Assure that special events (i.e., retreats and trips) are well organized and coordinated.
9. Develop and implement a comprehensive plan for missions involvement for high school students.
10. Help develop an annual budget and maintain control of the budget throughout the year.
11. Participate in Niceville campus staff meetings.
12. Be available to be used in weekend services however is needed.
Please submit resume, references, and a link to a video of you speaking to Jeremy Smith at email@example.com