| Calvary Christian Center 369 Air Harbor Road|
Greensboro, NC 27455
JOB IDENTIFICATION DATA
JOB TITLE: Minister of Music/Pastor Of Worship (POW)
DEPARTMENT: Pastoral Staff
WAGE CATEGORY: Exempt-Full time
REPORT TO: Pastor
DATE ESTABLISHED: 2001
JOB STATEMENT: The purpose of this position is to provide a music ministry for Calvary Christian Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Develops, plans, and implements policies and procedures to support musical activities of the church. Generally manages a group of contract musicians. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Reports to senior pastor. Primary duties include development and maintenance of the following entities for Calvary Christian Center: Sanctuary Choir, Praise Team, Children Choir, Youth Choir and Men's Choir. Will provide additional musicians as required to ensure a satisfactory music ministry. Must coordinate additional musicians with the Pastor. The duties of the Ministry of Music (POW) include but are not limited to the following:
1. Worship Services. Play/conduct/direct the music at all services each Sunday each month, excluding days off as pre-determined by the contact.
2. Outside Engagements. Play for two outside engagements per month and not be compensated in addition to his salary. The POW will be notified as soon as possible of any outside engagements.
3. Cantatas. Play/conduct/direct cantatas as scheduled by the church to include Easter and Christmas.
4. Special Programs. Play, conduct, and direct the music during the week of special events, e.g. revivals.
5. Choir Rehearsals. Hold a scheduled choir rehearsal each week for the praise team and choirs that will sing on the upcoming Sunday. The POW shall meet all rehearsals of the various choirs.
5. Funerals. The POW is currently not expected to play for either funerals or wakes at Calvary. If the funeral or wake does occur where he can play, he will be compensated in the amount of $125.00.
6. Workshops. The POW will give a workshop or workshops for all the choirs of the Church.
7. Other Sunday or Evening Services. Be available to play/conduct/direct 4th Sunday evening services at Calvary and other services at church visited by Calvary
8. Weddings. The POW is not expected to be a consultant for weddings. However, when the POW does play for a wedding, the music of the service should always maintain the integrity and worshipful nature of the ceremony. The selection of music, although made in consultation with the couple, should always reflect a sacred quality.
9. Coordination with Pastor. The POW shall coordinate with the Pastor or his designee on a weekly basis and discuss all facets of the Church musical program. Furthermore, the POW shall serve as the music resource person for educational programs and other groups within the church.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: 1. Exhibit a Christian lifestyle. 2. Qualified and knowledgeable of the liturgical year and plan the music of the church according to the calendar of the Church. 3. Have knowledge of composers and arrangers, especially those who helped shape the music of America, as well as praise and worship music. Shall exhibit skill in musical performance and direction. At least 5 years of experience in the field required.