| General Job Description:|
Support and undergird the work of the church.
People are our product – therefore, support the work of ministry within the Body so that we can more effectively impact lives for the glory of God.
Responsible to guide and motivate people on the path from first visit to Agape House through to membership.
Identify and develop ministry skills to incorporate every member into ministry.
Recruit, train, and deploy all church volunteers (both directly and indirectly through Ministry Heads).
Serve as a pastor to the Church
a. Demonstrate ownership for and effectiveness in communicating and fulfilling the church's vision, mission, focus, culture, statement of faith and doctrinal distinctive.
b. Serve as a member of the pastoral staff providing spiritual guidance to the congregation by participating in weddings, funerals, counseling, hospital visitation, teaching, and preaching as directed by the Senior Pastor.
c. Lead the congregation through modeling to participate in Sunday worship, to take the next step in discipleship, and to cultivate a lifestyle of service.
Serve on the Senior Leadership Team of Agape House.
Assist in leading and guiding the overall direction of the church.
Oversee and grow Staff Team members under your care.
Be a part of the Preaching/Teaching Team of the church if gifted to do so.
Grow spiritual leaders within the Body.
1. The AGAPE HOUSE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH Pastor of Assimilation and Ministry Development is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a follower of Jesus Christ.
2. The AGAPE HOUSE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH Pastor of Assimilation and Ministry Development is expected to be a servant leader to the church body.
3. The AGAPE HOUSE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH Pastor of Assimilation and Ministry Development is expected to nurture the Body in the Faith.
4. The AGAPE HOUSE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH Pastor of Assimilation and Ministry Development is expected to grow personally in his/her own leadership and competencies.
5. The AGAPE HOUSE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH Pastor of Assimilation and Ministry Development is expected to be involved in the overall life of the church body by actively participating in Small Groups and all other church-wide events and functions.
6. The AGAPE HOUSE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH Pastor of Assimilation and Ministry Development is expected to be an excited, dedicated and contributing member of the AGAPE HOUSE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH staff team.
1. An individual between the ages of 35 and 50 with at least 5 years experience in full-time ministry.
2. Ability to lead people especially within a multi-cultural context.
3. Administrative and organizational skills are imperative.
4. Ability to preach and teach on occasion as needed.
5. Education – College-level undergraduate degree from a recognized College or University in an appropriate field.
6. Experience – Minimum of 5 years experience in church-related ministry.
7. Strong oral and written communication skills.
8. Ability to interact, communicate, and develop friendships with a wide variety of people from various cultural backgrounds. Must be able to adapt to cross-cultural ministry and adjust ministry to the appropriate cultural setting.
9. Ability to think strategically and provide direction.
10. Experience in developing and working in team-based ministries.
11. Spiritual – Must be a fully devoted follower of Christ who is growing spiritually. Must possess a true calling and passion for ministry and a member of Agape House New Testament Church.
12. Family must be committed partners of Agape House.
Responsible to the Senior Pastor, the Deacons Board, and the entire church body of Agape House.
1. Work with the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor and the Staff Team to reach, grow and develop fully-mature disciples of Christ.
2. Attend weekly staff meetings to assess needs of church and various ministries.
3. This position is considered "Sunday-required staff" and is off on Monday since Sunday is considered a "work day."
4. Performance review every 6 months with the Senior Pastor based on work as related to this job description as well as overall effectiveness in ministry. Salary review will be given once a year.
5. Take the lead in developing an end-to-end, intentional path and plan which keeps guests moving forward from their first visit to their full assimilation into Agape House
6. Track and report the progression of Assimilation
7. Create strategies to improve the percentage of people serving each week
8. Oversee the recruitment, motivation, and training
9. Develop a communications strategy to engage, inspire, equip and retain leaders and ministers
10. Develop, lead and champion teams of highly relational networkers that facilitate opportunities and create processes to assimilate people into the life of Agape House