OAK POINTE CHURCH POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Graphic/Creative Manager(GCM)
START DATE: TBD
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Oak Pointe's GCM will uphold OPC standard of creative excellence by designing, producing and approving engaging creative executions in print, web and stage screen support. Will help bring continuity to graphic and signage design on all platforms.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: TBD
Works closely with the Worship Arts and Outreach Pastor along with other department heads.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ: Loving God and loving others, exhibiting a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and without.
1. Education: Degree in graphic design or related field.
2. Experience: Agency/studio background in print and web (4+ years). Led successful campaigns and complex promotions. Experience with writers, designers, coders, and printers. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite; basic knowledge of html, php,& css a plus.
3. Characteristics: Exhibits a Servant's spirit and Christian character in the areas of Integrity, Dependability and Perseverance. Innovative, self starter, team builder, strong verbal and written communication, team player, proactive, detail oriented, and ability to multitask.
4. Skills: Strong ability to lead teams, oversee initiatives, and matrix manage.
5. Requirements: Membership or in process of membership at OPC. Full commitment to Oak Pointe Church including affirmation of our mission, values, and beliefs.
6. Portfolio Presentation.
· Leadership: Graphic Design will create Designs and Graphic materials to maintain excellence and brand. Guide Ministry Leaders ("clients") during the Design process before executing design. Contribute ideas to workflow process to ensure the team's time and energy is used most efficiently. Help develop system to track Graphic Design progress.
· Printed Publications: Produce quality print materials at levels commensurate with the size and mission of Oak Pointe. Bring fresh ideas to the table with creative executions that are simple, clean, smart, and engaging – even edgy and unexpected for a church. Materials include service bulletins ("programs"), inserts, posters, signs, brochures and collateral. Make pieces print-ready. Work closely with Arts Team to brand series graphics, and closely with other directors and writers to brand events.
· Service / Arts Support: Brand message series and events to evoke intended emotional and artistic experience envisioned by the Arts Team across all platforms for weekend services and other events. This includes creation of stage and side-screen graphics, and collaboration with the video team. (Ensure complete creative integration with services, print, video, and Web upon request.)