Worship Jobs: The Music Ministry Resource
Don't be left out! Make sure these Churches can find you. Post your Premium Resume Today!
Associate PastorHollywood Church of BrethrenFredericksburg, VACategory: Associate PastorPosted on: September 03, 2014
|Report this listing |
| Hollywood Church is becoming a multi-generational ministry that is Christ centered and biblically sound with a strong sense of church as family.
Associate Pastor Position Summary:
The Associate Pastor will be under the supervision of the Pastor as well as the Church Board. He will assist the Pastor in the leadership and service of the ministry at Hollywood Church.
The Associate Pastor should have a Biblically sound personal theology in line with the Christian core-foundational beliefs as found at Hollywood Church. He should also have interest in a variety of ministry fields such as young adults, visitation, and music ministries.
The following are given as examples and are not intended to be all inclusive or in order of importance.
1. Must be a graduate of high school with theological training
2. Must be a licensed or ordained minister or planning to pursue this level of ministry
3. Must hold a valid Driver's License and pass a security clearance as requested by church
4. Must be a mature strong leader and team player with experiences bearing witness to these
5. Must be grounded in the Word of God
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Demonstrate ability to work well with congregational staff of all ages: outgoing and friendly
2. Demonstrate ability to teach and do presentations, good communicator
3. Demonstrate a teachable spirit, willingness to grow as a leader, and demonstrate personal
4. Demonstrate effective time management, organizational skills, and decision making skills
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the Bible and be authentic and transparent in his lifestyle
6. Demonstrate qualities of character and personality which merit respect and confidence
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the children, youth and young adult ministries.
2. Meet regularly with the Pastor to determine needs of church and be given duties to perform
3. Meet regularly with Young Adult Ministry group (YAM) and Young Married Couples for
Bible Study and Fellowship for effective discipleship
4. Support leadership and teach Bible Study for youth group to ensure a solid foundation and
5. Attend Church Board Meetings (frequency determined by number of hours employed)
6. Attend our church services (as this position grows to a more full time position) and teach
7. Collaborate with Pastor and train Sunday School teachers to strengthen our Sunday School
8. Facilitate a deep sense of community and fellowship centered on Jesus Christ
9. Preach under the leadership of the Pastor as requested and assist with visitation as needed.
Start with part time Associate Pastor of up to 2.5 days per week with the possibility of a full time position funded in the future.
Proposal of $1200 per month for 16 hours per week of service (or $1500 for 2.5 days), with the expectation that this would grow annually until a full time status/salary is achieved.
Evaluation of the position should be performed every 3 months for the first year and then could be done every 6 months until a full time position has been achieved. This evaluation will be done by the Joshua Committee.
If interested, please send your resume (including work history) to Hollywood Church of the Brethren along with a written response to the following questions:
1. We would like to hear your Personal Testimony and how you came to know Christ.
2. We would like to know about your personal calling and what vision The Lord has laid on your
3. Can we ask the reasons you left your last job? What you are looking for in a new job?
4. What are your beliefs about the Bible?
5. What is your vision for the young adults and young married couples (20ís, 30ís and 40ís)? How
would you approach this group
as a leader to get to know them and their needs?
6. What is your vision for the children and youth?
7. What are your thoughts on Biblical Principles : The Trinity, Evolution, Homosexuality, Abortion,
There will be a background check on those applicants whom we are interested in and then they will be invited to teach a couple of classes during Sunday School or participate in a small group.
We are looking for someone who wants to work and is teachable, accountable, dynamic and biblically sound.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title:||Associate Pastor|
|Time Type:|| Part Time|
|Job Category:|| Associate Pastor|
|Salary:|| Less than 20,000|
|Organization Type:|| Church|
|Worship Style:|| Traditional|
|Church Size:|| 100 - 250|
|Organization Name:||Hollywood Church of Brethren|
|Contact Name:||Kathy Whitby|
|Address1:||225 Ferry Rd.|
|State or Province:||VA|
|Map this Organization:|| Map|
|Contact Email:||Contact this Organization|
|Organization Website:||Please login to view|
|Contact Phone:||Please login to view|
|Contact FAX:||Please login to view|
| ||Church Staffing|
|Worship Style:|| Traditional|
|Copyright © 2006-2017 by WorshipJobs.com.