SOUTHWEST COMMUNITY CHURCH
POSITION SUMMARY: This position exists to provide the Pastoral Leadership Team, Stewardship Task Force and the Elder Board with relevant financial data necessary for budgetary and financial decisions as well as to provide oversight of the financial services for ministries of the church.
Reports to: Pastor of Operations
Supervises: Finance Specialist, Finance Department Assistant
Works with: SCC Staff & Volunteers
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, plus five years of experience, of which two must be as a supervisor with a nonprofit agency
* CPA designation preferred
* Proficiency with technical skills such as computer software programs and systems; knowledge of QuickBooks is preferred
* Thorough knowledge of accepted accounting procedures and principles
* Experience with budget preparation and financial management
* Strong knowledge of federal tax laws and guidelines for nonprofit organizations
* Skill in capital management and investment
* Knowledge of insurance policy management
* Demonstrated ability to train and supervise subordinates
1. FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT
* Partners with Stewardship Task Force to maintain financial stability by establishing financial objectives through the establishment and practice of policies and procedures as well as managing budgets and monitoring expenses.
* Directs the financial affairs of the church within the scope of responsibility delegated by the Stewardship Task Force and Pastor of Operations.
* Directly supervises and coordinates activities of Finance Team, ensuring that standard accounting principles are followed and practiced
* Works with Pastors and Department Directors to prepare annual budgets and projections.
* Works with Stewardship Task Force and Pastor of Operations to establish long-range priorities for operations and capital expenditures.
* Responsible for financial statements, general ledger, accounts payable, budgeting, tax compliance.
* Responsible for accurate and timely cash flow projections, financial and other reports as required for Stewardship Task Force and Pastor of Operations.
2. ADVISORY CAPACITY
* Advises management concerning effects of economic changes upon operations.
* Advises management on desirable ministry operation adjustments due to changes in tax laws.
* Makes recommendations to Stewardship Task Force for investment of capital funds.
* Makes recommendations to Stewardship Task Force regarding credit management strategies.