Hayes Barton United Methodist Church in Raleigh, NC is a growing church with a multi-generational congregation. The church is known for vibrant worship and life-changing outreach programs. Hayes Barton is searching for a dynamic full-time Director of Contemporary Music. This person will be a vital member of our contemporary worship design team and will supervise worship band instrumentalists, vocalists, media and technical positions for our weekly contemporary worship service. This person will also supervise and develop the youth contemporary music program and support their worship experiences. Additionally, this person will integrate into the complete Creative Arts Ministry Team, which currently meets a wide variety of congregational and worship needs. The Creative Arts Ministry serves the whole church and, as part of that service, ministers to our volunteers and identifies gifts and talents in all artistic expressions.
- Call to ministry as vocalist with the ability to lead worship from guitar, keyboard or both; able to articulate the gospel with enthusiasm creating an exciting and welcoming worship atmosphere
- Bachelors' degree in music is preferred
- Experience in planning creative and innovative worship
- Knowledge of United Methodist theology is preferred
- Ability to recruit, develop, and lead worship team volunteers
- Skill in arranging instrumental and vocal music
- Knowledge of and experience in using music and media software (Media Shout, ProPresenter)
- Gifts across multiple artistic disciplines are preferred
- A passionate, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A teachable spirit
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- A life-long learner
- Growing leadership abilities
The Director of Contemporary Music will report directly to the Director of Creative Arts for accountability and evaluation.
All applicants must submit the following items:
1. A digital resume with at least 3 references submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Video and/or audio digital recordings demonstrating the singing and playing abilities of the applicant and/or the applicant leading worship or performing in a worship setting
Submission of links to web/internet accessible examples are preferred (use email address above)
Submission of examples on removable media will be accepted, please mail to:
Director of Creative Arts
Hayes Barton United Methodist Church
2209 Fairview Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27608
Deadline: Applications must be received no later than January 11, 2013.